Qualities of a Great Website:
- Well designed and functional. Your site reflects your company, your products, your services, and ultimately your brand.
- User Experience (ease of use)
- Optimized for Mobile
- Fresh, Quality Content
- Readily accessible contact and location information
- Clear calls to action (CTA)
- Optimized for Search (SEO)
- Page speed
- Branding and consistency
It’s not enough to build a nice looking website that’s easy to use. It needs to earn traffic. Otherwise, all that effort in design, UX and content development will be for naught. There are hundreds of rules and guidelines for effective search engine optimization, so here are a few to start with:
- Use page titles and meta tags on every page and alt tags on every image.
- Optimize content on your site to align with words real people search for.
- Use keywords appropriately in content and links.
- Use Cascading Style Sheets for layout and keep your HTML code clutter-free.
Make it as easy as possible for visitors to share your content. Social can drive large volumes of traffic and positively impact your search ranking. Don’t forget obvious sharing links (even if they are rarely used in actuality).
These are just some of the top level needs of a great website. Reach out if you have more questions.