Yes, FAQs are good for SEO. When optimized for relevant keywords, well-designed for optimal user experience (UX) and properly marked up with structured data, FAQ pages are extremely valuable to organic performance.
Search engines and most consumers love Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) pages. Having a well-written FAQ section on your site is a wonderful way to show online customers that you care about their experience and get you found from outside your website, directly responding to the needs of your audience and their search queries.
Voice search is becoming increasingly popular. Google reports that 20% of searches are voice related. So, it cannot be denied that people are looking for easier and faster ways to get answers to their questions.
FAQ pages can drive plenty of highly targeted traffic to your website. Business owners have to use it as an integral aspect of their content marketing strategy. Here are some reasons why you should create an SEO-friendly FAQ section:
- An FAQ page improves user experience
- It attracts potential customers and builds trust in your business.
- FAQs are prime candidates to be selected by Google as Featured Snippets.
- An FAQ page lets you quickly address new customer services issues.
- Provide quick information to help customers make a decision.
- Reduce the time your employees need to answer simple questions.
- Increase your online visibility on Google and other search engines.
- It improves your SEO rankings because Google values that your website is focused on helping people to get all the information to make an educated decision on your product or service.
Learn more about search engine optimization here.